Hot Weather Advisory!
With weather temperatures reaching an all time high in the next few days, please find some helpful tips:
When temperatures are high:
- Consider rescheduling outdoor activities to cooler hours of the day.
- Take frequent breaks from heat, spending time indoors at home, or in cooled public buildings (including malls or indoor pools).
- Drink plenty of water and other non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated beverages to stay hydrated.
- Do not leave any person or pet inside a closed vehicle for any amount of time.
- Even minutes of high-temperature exposure can be harmful or deadly.
- Apply a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 at least 20 minutes before heading outdoors. Be sure the product blocks both UVA and UVB rays, and reapply frequently (as directed on product label).
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses (with a UVA/UVB CSA-certified seal).
- Wear light-coloured, long-sleeved shirts and pants, and seek shade.
- Monitor yourself and your loved ones for symptoms of heat stroke or exhaustion, including high body temperature, lack of sweat, confusion, fainting, and unconsciousness. Seek medical attention immediately for anyone feeling faint.
Please keep safe everyone and stay cool!